ICONS simulations are designed to meet your needs.
Simulation Selection Guide
View this in-depth video and get answers to your questions about finding the right ICONS simulation for your course.
Video topics include:
- Simulation Selection Questions (starts at 0:32)
- Comparing ICONS Simulations (starts at 3:44)
- Using the Online Catalog tools (starts at 15:11)
Two main simulation styles
ICONS simulations address a wide variety of international and domestic policy issues, and the majority of our simulations fall within two categories:
Role Sheet Simulations allow students to begin negotiating quickly by including:
- Private team role sheets that clearly define a role's interests;
- A scenario that lays out all necessary information about the topics under negotiation; and
- Structured proposal forms, pre-populated with options to help participants develop plans.
Research Simulations deepen students' research capabilities by asking students to:
- Research their roles and the scenario's issues prior to negotiation;
- Analyze complex global challenges; and
- Generate creative proposals to address international issues.
Do you want to participate in a simulation with colleagues?
ICONS also offers the ability for multiple classes from the same or different educational institutions to participate in a simulation together. Engaging in a multi-faculty simulation can be a very enriching experience for instructors and students alike! Learn more about our multi-faculty simulation option.
Visit our Education Catalog and request a scenario excerpt to get started today!
Need assistance in choosing the right simulation for your class? We're here to help! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 405-4172 to schedule a consultation to discuss your simulation needs.