International negotiation text + ICONS simulation = perfect match
International Negotiation in a Complex World, updated 4th edition by Brigid Starkey, Mark Boyer, and Jonathan Wilkenfeld, offers a solid introduction to the complicated arena of international negotiation. A game-board analogy provides the framework for examining international negotiation through a series of case studies. The three authors also have significant experience with ICONS simulations and feature an overview of ICONS in the text's appendix. Pairing the book with an ICONS simulation provides the perfect combination of negotiation theory and application. Try it out!
How to order
Please visit the book's publisher, Rowman & Littlefield, for directions on how to order.
Simulation discount for text adopters
ICONS simulations offer an opportunity for students to engage in the delicate and challenging work of diplomacy. ICONS offers text adopters a special discount on simulations. After completing the form below you will receive a promotional code to use during registration for your next ICONS single-class simulation. Use the code and receive a special discount for your students ($3 off the standard per student rate). As a result, your students will only pay $10.00 each for participation!
Visit the online ICONS Catalog to browse available simulations. Please contact the ICONS Project main office at 301-405-4172 or email@example.com with any questions about this discount on ICONS simulations.
Discount Request Form
Instructors only — Complete the form below to receive a special discount off of your next ICONS simulation! Upon submission of the form, you will receive a promotional code to use when registering for a simulation using the student-pay option. (Special Discount: $3 off the standard per student rate)
- Instructor must be using International Negotiation in a Complex World with a course to be eligible for this discount. Each instructor may only apply this discount to one simulation.
- Discount applies to off-the-shelf catalog simulations using the student-pay option only. (Custom simulations and catalog simulations using the instructor-pay option are not eligible for this discount.)
- The discount will reduce the student fee from $13 to $10 per student.
- Promotional code expires one year after date of issue and can only be used once.
- After receiving the promotional code, visit www.icons.umd.edu/education/register to register for a simulation.