Cast as officials from EU member states, students in this simulation examine the overlapping issues of the economy, security and human rights in the European Union and work to develop shared solutions to some of the region's most pressing issues.
Faced with new realities and strong challenges from both within and outside its borders, there is a powerful sentiment that a strong Europe must reestablish its course and reassure its people. As members of a working group, the participating countries will discuss the future direction of the European Union on these important issues.
Instructors will be able to select the specific EU member states their students will portray. A detailed scenario is provided along with online Research Library resources to aid students in researching their assigned country's positions. This simulation includes an opportunity for students to develop, debate, and vote on specific proposal plans to address the issues in the scenario.
- One or more Internet-connected computers or devices per team. (Optimized for desktop and laptop computers.)
- Up-to-date web browser software. (When using Internet Explorer, use version 11.)
- No plug-ins or additional software required.
- No pre-set roles; Instructor selects countries from a list
- Teams of 3 - 5 students per role (recommended)
LENGTH OF SIMULATION
- Flexible; set by instructor
- My Team
- Proposal Center