Challenge students to examine the effects of globalization from a variety of perspectives as they portray six countries tasked with identifying a shared response to globalization among developed and developing nations. Students represent China, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, Russia, and the UK.
As the world continues to become increasingly interconnected, there remains a great deal of uncertainty about how this concept we call "globalization" will unfold. In this simulation, the six countries form an international working group focused on discussing issues of economic development, democratization, human rights, and environmental standards.
A detailed scenario is provided along with online Research Library resources to aid students in researching their assigned country's positions. This simulation includes an opportunity for students to develop, debate, and vote on specific proposal plans to address the issues in the scenario.
- One or more Internet-connected computers or devices per team. (Optimized for desktop and laptop computers.)
- Up-to-date web browser software. (Internet Explorer is no longer fully supported.)
- No plug-ins or additional software required.
- 6 roles
- Teams of 3 - 5 students per role (recommended)
LENGTH OF SIMULATION
- Flexible; set by instructor
- My Team
- Proposal Center